Wednesday 13 April 2011

Sugarpill Haul





I gave in & got the rest of the Chromalusts, I love these cute little pots of sparkly goodness. I also got Flamepoint pressed eyeshadow. I did a look a while back & none of my orange shadows or pigments were vivid enough for what I wanted.


Junebug

Sparkly, pretty forest green.
I love greens, especially darker ones. Junebug would make a really pretty smoky eye with a difference.





Absinthe

Bright lime green with a yellow tinge & golden yellow shimmer. More green than MAC's Chartreuse pigment.
Great spring shade. I'm thinking of trying this together with a purple shade or two.







Lumi

It may look like a plain shimmery white here, but Lumi has a gorgeous turquoise shimmer to it.
I think this would pair really well with a dark smoky eye & Starling as a lower liner.



Royal Sugar

Bright, intense, shimmery blue.
The base shade reminds me of MAC's discontinued Royal Blue pigment but Royal Sugar has sparkle to it, Royal Blue is a matte.





Birthday Girl

Soft, pastel pink loaded with fuchsia sparkles. It's pastel but with an edge.
Birthday Girl would look pretty as a simple eye with some black liner or as a part of something dramatic with black & silver.





Hysteric

Beautiful mid-purple with turquoise shimmer. The turquoise absolutely pops in this shade.





Tiara

Extremely metallic silver. Easily as metallic & shiny as MAC's Silver metal pigment but with a lot less fall-out.






Goldilux

Tiara's gold sister, very metallic & shiny. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of golds but I love this shade, it's not overly yellow-toned on me.






Flamepoint

If you're looking for an intense, vivid orange shadow, look no further than Flamepoint. Matte with a soft, extremely blendable texture, applies exactly as it looks in the pan.







On to the swatches!
With the exception of Flamepoint, which was applied dry, I used a brush dampened with MAC's water-based Mixing Medium to do these swatches. No primer, these were done straight on to bare skin.

Junebug, Absinthe, Lumi, Starling, Royal Sugar

Birthday Girl, Hysteric, Tiara, Goldilux, Flamepoint


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'm definitely going to buy some royal sugar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! I must get me some Chromalusts once lol

    ReplyDelete