Friday 1 July 2011

Sugarpill - Asylum Chromalust & Sweetheart Palette



My latest Sugarpill haul - Asylum Chromalust & the Sweetheart palette. My collection was missing Midori, Afterparty & Tako, so the Sweetheart palette seemed like the perfect solution, plus there's the amazing Dollipop in there too.
Asylum was also missing from my collection. I really love the Chromalusts & a pretty, sparkly red was just too good to pass up.


Asylum Chromalust




Not as vivid a red as the pressed shadow, Love +, Asylum is still a definite red, no pink tones here. I'm a huge fan of the Chromalusts & this one is no exception. Well pigmented with a soft, fluffy texture that makes it easy to apply & blend, it's bright used dry but both the colour & shimmer absolutely pop when applied with a damp brush.

Left - Asylum, used dry. Right - Asylum used wet.

Swatched straight on to bare skin, no primer used as a base. Asylum turns a slightly brighter red when used wet. Either way you choose to use it, it's a gorgeous colour.

Sweetheart Palette



Four shades make up the Sweetheart palette, two mattes & two slightly pearly colours.




From top left, the shades are as follows -

  • Dollipop - hot pink (matte)
  • Afterparty - bright turquoise (pearly)
  • Midori - green (pearly)
  • Tako - pure white (matte)



Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori, Tako
Amazing pigmentation & texture to these gorgeous shadows. The mattes aren't at all chalky or hard, they apply easily & blend well. Tako is a fantastic matte white, definitely one of the best I've come across. I love the pearly finish to Afterparty & Midori, they boast a slight shimmer that's definitely there but it's not an OTT frost. Dollipop doesn't show up as brightly on the pictures as it actually is. It's an incredible bright, hot pink. As a fan of hot pink things, I can safely say this is my favourite hot pink shadow.

As with the Asylum swatches, these were swatched straight on to bare skin, no primer & the shadows were used dry.

The packaging is stunning & well put together. Although it's made of sturdy cardboard, I'm not sure I'd want to carry it around in my bag for fear of it getting trashed. The mirror in the lid is of a good size, it's definitely useable & it would come in handy should you forget your regular mirror.

The palettes are amazing value, you're getting four excellent quality shadows of a large pan size for the bargain price of $34. If you're a fan of bright shadows or are just looking to expand your collection, the Sugarpill palettes are worth checking out.

3 comments:

  1. I want Asylum pretty badly. Next time I order from them I hope it's in stock :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to Sugarpill :) I must admit though that my colors don't come out this bright and I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong.....like using the wrong brush

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to do my swatches with clean fingers, rather than brushes. I find it easier. As far as using them on my eyes, I use a slightly fluffy brush & tend to get good results from it. Sometimes I'll use a MAC 242 instead, though.

    ReplyDelete