Friday 19 August 2011

Kat Von D - Foiled Love Lipstick in Valentine



As soon as I saw this on the Sephora site, I fell in love. Valentine is described as being a metallic hot pink with iridescent micro glitter.



The packaging is stunning. As with previous KVD lippies, it has a beautiful rose design on the lid & the end of the tube is clear so you can see the shade of lipstick. Unlike the other lippies, this comes in a metallic silver tube.




I admit to being a tad disappointed with the actual shade when I inspected it. Rather than the hot pink that it's supposed to be, Valentine is more of a raspberry shade in the flesh. It bears very little resemblance to the shade depicted on Sephora's site.

Texture-wise, it reminds me of the old Hard Candy glitter lipsticks. It can feel ever so slightly gritty, lip-balm underneath makes it more comfortable to wear. 
The glitter, once applied, looks more gold/pink than iridescent. There are no huge glitter chunks, it's very small.
The colour when applied definitely looks more raspberry pink. I tried it alone & over the top of MAC's Magenta lipliner. With the Magenta, it took on a very slight purple cast but was still predominantly raspberry toned.





Wear-time was pretty good, it's on a par with other Kat Von D lipsticks I've tried. Not as long-wearing as a MAC Matte but it will stay on for a good few hours. 

To be honest, I'm not blown away by this lisptick. It isn't as metallic & glittery as the description leads you to believe. The texture is good, not too drying but it won't slide right off. The big difference between the promised shade & the shade it actually is was also a huge factor in my disappointment.
I'm unsure as to whether I'd try out any of the other colours in the Foiled Love range.



No comments:

Post a Comment