Thursday 11 August 2011

Zoya - Smoke & Mirrors Haul


I'm a sucker for deeper polish colours & although I love my glitter & shimmery shades, I'm also partial to cream finishes too.
The Smoke collection is all about the creams, I chose Cynthia, whilst the Mirrors part of the collection is about metallic finishes. Three shades appealed to me, Tao, Jem & Marina.

Cynthia

A cream finish blackened teal shade, Cynthia is deep, dark & shiny. Makes a nice alternative to black nails whilst still being a good, vampy look. 

Cynthia

Tao

Tao is a smoky mid-grey shade with a gorgeous metallic finish. Looks classy yet still retains an edge.

Tao

Marina

All of the colours I picked are beautiful but, without a doubt, Marina is my favourite. I'm hard-pressed to think of an exact dupe in my collection for this particular shade. It's a blue-toned slate grey shade with a great metallic finish. This is stunning as it is but I'm thinking of experimenting with a touch of glitter over it, maybe something like China Glaze's Fairy Dust.

Marina

Jem

Jem is a strange one. In the bottle, it bears a good resemblance to Hard Candy's Beetle as the colours seem to shift in the light from reddish purple to golden. Applied, it's a different story altogether.
Jem is a deep red purple with subtle golden & pink shimmers.

Jem

As with the other Zoya polishes I have, I found these to apply well - no skipping or dragging. These are all opaque shades, so the first coat gives great coverage but I like to apply two to get the colour you see in the bottle ( with the exception of Jem, it looks very different). Good shine but a glossy topcoat will amp up the shine-factor & bring out the beauty of the metallic shades in particular.









No comments:

Post a Comment