Wednesday 14 December 2011

China Glaze - Eye Candy Collection



Yes, even more glitter polishes!
When I first heard about this collection, I got ridiculously excited. Six new glitters that are solid polishes, not topcoats with a bit of glitter to them.

First up is Blonde Bombshell.

Blonde Bombshell

A yellow-gold glitter with small flecks & larger ones scattered throughout. Took two coats to cover the nail completely. I'm not a huge fan of gold polishes, so this one doesn't really shine through for me, especially not when compared to my favourite gold, China Glaze's Medallion.

Blonde Bombshell






Love Marilyn

Love Marilyn is a bright red glitter with silver glitter added in. Not too dissimilar to OPI's Gettin' Miss Piggy With It. The main difference between the two is the size of the glitter. GMPWI has much larger glitter.

Love Marilyn
OPI - Gettin' Miss Piggy With It



Marry A Millionaire

The lighting is a little off in the picture of the bottle. I was trying to capture how this polish looks because it's a complex one. There's purple & silver micro-glitter & a good measure of bar glitter thrown in there too. In some lights it looks more purple, in other lighting, more silver. Occasionally, there's a touch of green that shines through.
Marry A Millionaire
Marry A Millionaire

This is a two-coat application. Marry A Millionaire is slightly less opaque than the others, so three or four coats would probably be the best way to achieve complete coverage. Definitely one of my favourites from this collection.



Some Like It Haute

Some Like It Haute has the most wow-factor of this particular set of polishes. A charcoal base loaded with silver micro-glitter & larger holo glitters. I found this to be similar to Orly's Rock Solid. The differences between the two; Rock Solid has a slightly darker base whilst Some Like It Haute has larger holo glitter.


Some Like It Haute
Some Like It Haute
Orly - Rock Solid



Material Girl

Material Girl is basically a pink version of Blonde Bombshell. Pink base packed with micro-glitter & larger pink glitters scattered throughout. Again, this is a two-coater. Very much a mid-pink and for that reason, it doesn't stand out so much to me as I prefer a brighter pink.

Material Girl

It's a tad washed-out in the swatch picture, the actual colour is closer to the picture of the bottle.



Lorelei's Tiara

The last of the bunch - Lorelei's Tiara. Silver glitter with an added aqua sparkle to it. Lorelei's Tiara is fairly simple but I've not come across another polish like it. Another two-coater & it's one of my top picks from the Eye Candy collection.

Lorelei's Tiara
Lorelei's Tiara


For me, the stand-outs from this collection are Lorelei's Tiara, Some Like It Haute & Marry A Millionaire. All three shades are stunningly glittery. The whole collection benefits from the addition of a glossy topcoat but Some Like It Haute really needs one, it looks rather dull & almost matte without one.

I don't usually comment on wear-time with polishes, how a polish wears for me won't necessarily be how it wears for you. With these, though, I feel like I need to add that I've had a very short wear-time with the three I've worn out & about so far (Some Like It Haute, Lorelei's Tiara & Marry A Millionaire). 24 hours or less seems to be the average for these on my nails. After, they chip like crazy and even peel away from my nails in large chunks & that's with the addition of a base coat & topcoat.
Obviously, it's disappointing. However, these polishes may fare better on your nails & I would still recommend them for the beautiful colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment