Thursday 15 December 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Glitter Polish Haul



Three gorgeous glitters from Deborah Lippmann. These are more of a finishing effect than a full, glittery nail but they're still stunning.
Stairway To Heaven

Stairway To Heaven has a slightly milky white base that's full of iridescent glitter. You'll get flashes of pink, green, blue & yellow from this one. As it's not a completely clear base, Stairway To Heaven could probably be worn alone although it would take 3 or more coats to achieve a good effect.

Stairway To Heaven

I Love The Nightlife

Very shiny, large hexagonal gunmetal-grey glitter in a clear base. I Love The Nightlife works best over another, solid-coloured polish. It'd take a lot of coats to get an opaque coverage from ILTN alone & would be quite difficult to remove.
I Love The Nightlife


So far, I've liked the effect you get from layering I Love The Nightlife over a metallic silver base shade.

I Love The Nightlife over China Glaze Tinsel



Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

As with I Love The Nightlife, Do Ya Think I'm Sexy is one size of glitter (large, hexagonal pieces) floating in a clear base. DYTIS's glitter is a true, bright red. Perfect for the holiday season. Looks great as a finish to a black polish and I'm going to try it over a darker red base at some point soon.


Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?




I've found all three shades to apply easily, although you may have to devote a little time to pushing the glitter around with the brush to get an even effect. As with all the Lippmann polishes, these dry to quite a glossy finish & the glitter doesn't feel at all rough.



No comments:

Post a Comment