Tuesday 24 April 2012

Glitter Gal - Orange Sparkle



Yet another of the Glitter Gal polishes up for review; this time it's Orange Sparkle. I was after an orange holo to do tiger stripes over and decided to try this.


Orange Sparkle

Unfortunately, I'm not overly thrilled with Orange Sparkle. This has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the polish, which is as good as the other Glitter Gal shades I've tried, but it's down to the tone & my personal preferences.

taken outside
Orange Sparkle is an almost metallic base with holographic glitter. However, there's a distinct peachy/coral tone to it & it really doesn't suit my skin tone. I was looking for something bordering on neon that's a true orange & Orange Sparkle sadly doesn't fit the bill. I'm also more of a fan of linear holos rather than the sparkle holos.

taken outside

Because of its coral tinge & subtle holo, Orange Sparkle could probably be an option for those situations where a wild polish isn't appropriate but you'd like to use something that isn't just a plain, boring polish.


taken outside

As with all of the other Glitter Gal polishes I've tried so far, two coats gives great coverage that matches the shade seen in the bottle.
So my search for the perfect orange holo hasn't ended just yet, I'm disappointed that I couldn't love this more.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a plain neon orange that you love? Try layering the two and see what you get. I bought Frappe, and was hoping for a little more pink. So I layered it over a plain pink color and it worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried that with other polishes and it usually works a treat. I think I'd still get a slight coral tone to it, though. I think I'll keep looking & see if I can find a true orange that's a linear holo. :)

      Delete