Thursday 17 May 2012

HITS - Demeter





After being a little disappointed with Glitter Gal's Orange Sparkle, I decided to give Demeter from the HITS No Olimpo collection a whirl.




Although it's not quite as bright as I'd hoped, Demeter definitely comes far closer to the mark than Orange Sparkle did.

Outside - no flash

As with the previous HITS shades I've tried, Demeter is a linear holographic polish. I tend to prefer linear holos to the sparkle holos, the shimmer is less subtle. Shade-wise, Demeter is a true orange, there are no coral tones to this one, which was my major complaint with Orange Sparkle. To brighten this up, I'm going to try layering it over a neon creme, just to give it that pop of vivid orange.

Inside - with flash
Demeter applies really smoothly, there's no dragging or skipping at all. Two coats will give you a good effect, but a third intensifies the holo effect & a glossy topcoat also helps in that regard.

Outside - no flash


Inside - with flash


Typically, it was a little dull outside on the day I took the pictures, so Demeter's holo effect is a bit muted, in bright sunshine it looks pretty much as it does in the pictures taken with the flash on.


Outside - no flash


Inside - with flash

Of the two, I'd choose Demeter over Orange Sparkle every time. It's closer to what I was looking for in an orange holo polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment