Sunday 16 September 2012

Glitter Gal - Citrine





The news of new shades of nail polish from the fab Glitter Gal had me as giddy as a small child at Christmas. I spent ages drooling over the pictures & finally made my decision. One of the new colours I went for was Citrine.

Yes, it's a warm shade, not what I usually go for. Yes, it's orange, which is also low on my list of desirables, but I couldn't help it - Citrine had me from the get-go.





Colours that wouldn't usually get a pass from me to seem to with the addition of a touch of holographic sparkle, especially the linear variety.
Citrine is no exception. Had this shade been presented to me in a creme formula, it would not have found its way into my polish stash. However, I'm really glad I made an exception.

Citrine - with flash

Citrine's base shade is a golden orange, it would look stunning on darker skin tones, yet I still manage to pull it off, despite having a complexion like Casper.
Two coats are all I used. A third would probably amplify both the shade & the holo, but I was quite happy with the two.

Citrine - with flash



Application was an absolute dream. As with other Glitter Gal shades I've collected, this seemed to glide on the nails; no dragging or pulling & absolutely no bald patches left behind. Beautiful colours & jaw-dropping holo effect aside, this is one of the major factors that keeps me coming back to Glitter Gal shades time & time again.

Citrine - with flash


As far as the holo effect goes, this is one of the best I've seen. Saying it pops would be an understatement, Citrine definitely won't be mistaken for a run-of-the-mill polish any time soon.

Citrine - outside in sunlight
A glossy topcoat is a bonus when it comes to holo polishes. It brings everything together & helps the holo look its best.

Citrine - outside in sunlight

Citrine - outside in sunlight

Citrine - outside in sunlight


Even though Citrine may not be my usual colour choice, I really have fallen in love with it. Perfect application, gorgeous colour & spectacular holographic effect - what's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment